GOVERNMENT BACKED SOVEREIGN ID (GBSI)
A patent pending blockchain product that captures disparate data sets from various agencies into Blockchain to effectively provide realtime citizen services.
- DMV can have access to multiple agency data such as USCIS & Postal to
effectively determine the eligibility to obtain driver’s license.
- Use Case: When John moved to New York where his University is located, he
must prove age of majority at a public authority. John provides a verifiable
claim that attests his age is over 18 without revealing the actual birth date.
- A citizen should be able to use her smart phone to access or share her identity data
wherever they want.
- Human Trafficking- If you can tell who someone is?
- By giving your ID, someone can know whether you are a donor or live at a specific
place. By having this SSI, you can just provide that to get to the main data that they
- Can’t be stolen, can’t be copied.
- Your Picture, Fingerprints can be in one digital identity coupled with drivers license.
- Sharing Identity across the border
- Reduce dependence on organizations that monetize citizen data
- From disconnected “islands of identity entities” to a common government or state level identity network
- Simplify verification of credentials (Education, Driving Licenses, Work Visa, etc., )
- Provide a true identity:
- Self Identity (age, height, birth date, biometrics)
- Designated Attributes (Telephone, email, passport)
- Accumulated Attributes (Medical Info, communication metadata etc.,)
- Interoperable and saves tax payers Money
GBSI ARCHITECTURE-BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION
GBSI is a permissioned ledger
GBSI foundation decides nodes
- Validator nodes (Write Operations), 20 to 30 of these nodes are expected
- Observer nodes (Read Operations), 30 of these nodes are expected
Private Blockchain Model
- If a blockchain is private or permissioned, only authorized parties have access to the ledger, which requires at least some kind of trust relationship to these entities. Even though authorized parties are independent of each other, trust in the chosen parties or in the selection process of becoming a trusted party is still necessary.
- Government agencies should host a copy of the ledger that helps reducing the required trust.
- Blockchain Ledger is central part of GBSI system.
- ‣The distributed ledger has to be extended by two additional parts namely the off-ledger storage and the data import part.
- In the GBSI system, person related data are stored off-ledger only a unique identifier is stored in the blockchain. This special identifier is cryptographically linked to the off-ledger data storage.Different storage services such as cloud storages can be used as off-ledger storage.
- Consent: A Government Backed Sovereign Identity (GBSI) system can be extended by a, for the user and its experience optimized, graphical user interface a so-called personal identity data management system (PIMS). This PIMS will provide fine granular control over what data are being shared together with revocation mechanisms. GBSI can support smart contracts, which could be used to enforce the user’s consent decisions.
- Pseudonymization: In the GBSI system, only identifiers are stored in the Blockchain. Those identifiers are cryptographically generated and cannot be linked to a specific person.
- Right to Erasure: In a GBSI system, the government/user fully owns the identity data; therefore, the user can request for deletion of the whole identity and its related data. This only applies to EU Citizens.
- Data Portability: This possibility is enabled because the GBSI system combines different technologies that enable the data portability such as the distributed ledger with standardized data exchange formats such as Extensible Data Interchange (XDI) developed by Oasis.