All applications in the portfolio go through Assessment module where each application will be assessed, profiled and prioritized for migration. We determine the Application architecture, Application code, Application Dependencies to external and Internal Systems. We also discover how data persist, security posture in the application and as well as deployment procedures to various low and high environments. Based on the assessment a Cloud Migration assessment report is created which will help to assess help to determine whether the application is ready for the cloud and also help decide which methodology is apt for migration (Rehost, Re-Architect, Refactor, or Rebuild)
Perform Application Migration
- Compute Migration -Some of the options include: snapshot source image to target, DR Replication, VM Conversion (OVA file) and Containerize app and deploy.
- Data Migration -Depending on the data Size and Velocity appropriate models will be selected. For Big Data models with High Velocity, a low-latency networking path to on-premises coupled with initial data migration with tools that can ship the data to Cloud Provider provide high-performance systems.
- Database - Depending upon the Database type in on-premises, either lift or shift pattern or selecting a PAAS database of cloud provider are possible options that are considered.
- Application Integration Migration -Depending on the layering of architecture, and how it communicates to other systems and dependencies a corresponding reference architectures are employed. Options include API integration or Stream-based integration than File based integrations.
- Operations Migration -Core Vitals, Governance and a Dashboard of Operations are established after migration to cloud.
- Existing architecture assessment and system dependencies to on-premises systems.
- Application stack review
- Data at Transit, REST and encryption policies
- Authentication and Authorization Scheme.
- Log analysis
- DEVOPS - Amazon Machine Image (AMI) Build Process, AMI Hardening
- Disaster Recovery - RTO, RPO Calculations, Fault Tolerance
- Performance: Caching techniques, Edge Nodes
- Sizing of Web Servers and number of web servers
- FEDRamp Approved new services for reducing the cost.