Cognito is a simple user identity and data synchronization service that helps you manage and synchronize app data for your users across multiple devices
- Simple backend infrastructure to manage users, their data and states.
- Provides Amazon, Facebook, Google or our own user identity system integration for Identity Management
- Mainly synchs and stores user data (can be anything) multiple mobile or connected devices.
- Supports unauthenticated identities.
- Provides AWS MobileSDK and Server side API calls for synching data.
- Amazon Cognito Sync store is a key/value pair store linked to an Amazon Cognito Identity.
- Each user information store can have a maximum size of 20 MB.
- By Default Amazon Cognito maintains the last-written version of the data and synch's to local data store of cognito accordingly.
- Only when you call the synchronize() method you will be charged, not for read/writes to local datastore.
When to Use
Search in Mobile.awsblog.com for cognito for all related articles.