I've been preparing for the AWS professional exam for the last 1 month and thought to blog my preparation and strategies here. I'm going to blog about
AWS & All its services with main focus on
- What is the service about
- When to Use the service
- What are its best practices
- Use cases for the service with links to any video from AWS.
- 6 White papers as discussed in this exam blue print
- 6 Topics and notes on each topic as discussed in exam blue print.
- At the end I am going to take a practice exam.
To complete above 4, I am planning to keep 72 hours of time which includes the practice exam. Breakdown of hours as below
- 20 hours (Total 36 services; Some services I really know in-depth, so will allocate less time to it.)
- 12 hours (2 hours for each white paper)
- 30 hours (5 hours for each topic)
Currently I feel that I might fail the practice exam, but I believe it will expose me to what is needed to prepare for the exam. Also I've spent quite a bit of time on details for each service in AWS CSA exam. So this time I am going to focus more on architecture aspects and usability of aws services to applications. Some of the things I would like to do later are:
- Listen to aws videos on use cases of aws services to different applications/systems etc.,
- Read most of the white papers and customer white papers
- Cross check exam blue print to see if I have covered all the topics.
My exam is on 27th, so I am planning to take two practice tests one on 10/13 and one on 10/20. That's the plan. My mantra is: